2018 Galapagos Tour
5 Days / 4 Nights Northern Islands Galapagos, Monday to Friday.
Northern Islands Galapagos Tours
Our itinerary together begins at Baltra airport, from where we’ll sail to the glorious white beach of Las Bachas with a pair of brackish water lagoons only a few steps from the sea. These lagoons serve as feeding grounds for various wading birds, including stilts, pintail ducks and flamingos. As we continue our voyage, we explore two fascinating visitor sites on Santiago Island: Buccaneer Cove, home to a large number of marine birds, sea lions, and inter-tidal organisms, and Puerto Egas, with its great walk-along pools full of life and good snorkelling and swimming possibilities. The next day we visit the red-sand beach of Rabida Island, a lovely trail around some cliffs and a popular spot for aquatic activities, with some of the best snorkeling in Galapagos! In the afternoon, we round out the day with a stop at Bartolome Island, which offers a volcanic viewpoint with room for hiking, swimming, and exploring the beach and the coast. This is our only chance to see Galapagos penguins. What a full and rich day! From here we sail northeast, crossing the equatorial line, to the sunken crater of Genovesa Island, home to thousands of marine birds. It feels like a world a million miles from our own. We finish with an incredible encounter with nature in which we respectfully sharing a wild habitat with giant Galapagos tortoises at a private reserve up in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island and then make our way to the airport at Baltra.
Northern Galapagos Islands
- Santa Cruz
- Buccaneer Cove
- Genovesa Island
- Pinnacle Rock
- Blue-Footed Boobies (BIG15)
- Nazca Boobies (BIG15)
- Red-Footed Boobies (BIG15)
- American Flamingos (BIG15)
- Great & Magnificent Frigatebirds (BIG15)
- Galapagos Hawks (BIG15)
- Marine Iguanas (BIG15)
- Galapagos Penguins (BIG15)
- Galapagos Sea Lion (BIG15)
- Galapagos Fur Seal (BIG15)
- Galapagos Giant Tortoises (BIG15)
- Galapagos Doves
- Galapagos Mockingbirds
- San Cristobal Mockingbirds
- Darwin Finches
- Short-eared Owls
- Brown Pelicans
- Swallow-tailed Gulls
- Lava Gulls
- Lava (striated) Heron
Northern Galapagos tour 5 days map
Northern Galapagos tour 5 days with Big15
Prices 2018 per person
|Horizon Deck Explorer Family (Triple) (2)||$ 3,556|
|Horizon Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (23)||$ 3,784|
|Horizon Deck Voyager (Single) (2) *||$ 4,364|
|Expedition Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (17)||$ 3,936|
|Panorama Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (3)||$ 4,052|
|Panorama Deck Darwin Suite (Twin/Double) (3)||$ 4,592|
* Only 5 cabins are available for single use
1) During Peak Season dates, Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to prioritise reservations taking into account factors such as payment and confirmation dates.
2) Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to limit the number of twin/double cabins for single use dependent on availability.
3) Twin / Double Cabins for single use have a surcharge of 15%.
4) Triple cabins (2) for twin/double use incur a 50% surcharge per person.
5) Regardless the number of cabins occupied, the ship’s authorized maximum operating capacity cannot exceed 90 guests.
* () number of cabins per category
Validity: January 01 thru December 31, 2018 (except Peak Season)
All rates are subject to change. In case of increase in fuel, prices fuel surcharge will apply.
- 1 small backpack
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sneakers with rubber soles
- Long pants
- Long and short sleeved shirts
- Wind breaker
- Bathing suit or a wetsuit for snorkelling in cold months
- Hat or cap
- Sunblock and repellent
- Camera & video recorder
- Any medicine you may be taking
Our itineraries include:
- All meals
- Island sightseeing
- Naturalist guides and lecture services in English/Spanish (guiding in other languages – French, Italian – is available upon request for groups larger than 10 guests and for German groups is a minimum of 4 guests)
- Snorkelling gear
- Luggage handling
- Medical care on board (not including the cost of medication)
- Transfers in the islands
- Shared transfers from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, Sheraton, Marriott, Dann Carlton) and in Guayaquil (Hilton Colon, Oro Verde, Hampton Inn, Sheraton, Unipark) to airport for flights to/from Galapagos are included in these rates. To coordinate these transfers, we must have guests’ hotel contact information.
Do not include:
- Wet Suits: Available for rent, NET rate US$ 15 + VAT per guest for 5- or 6-day expeditions
- Air transportation to / from Galapagos and airport taxes (subject to change without previous notice)
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee (US$ 100 subject to change without previous notice)**
- Migration Control Card (US$ 20 subject to change without previous notice)**
- Fuel surcharge
- Alcoholic ***- and non alcoholic beverage
- Internet / Wi-Fi ****
- Gifts and additional items
- Travel insurance
**At your request, we can include the Galapagos National Park entrance fee of US$ 100 and Migration Control Card Fee of US$ 20 (subject to change). However, please note that, due to administrative and operational reasons, these fees can only be included when guests travel on the operation departure date. This service does not apply for guests who travel before a departure date (even if the departure is with us).
*** Please note, we charge guests who wish to bring bottles of wine and/or spirits aboard our vessels a corkage fee of US$ 25+taxes.
**** Internet connections onboard consist in computer stations and wifi in the vessel’s social areas; due to the Galapagos’ remote location, internet connections are intermittent and low-bandwidth.
- Our company guarantees air space space for all Galapagos products
- Galapagos itineraries are subject to change due to weather, logistical, Galapagos Park regulations or operational reasons
- All rates are subject to change. If fuel prices increase, additional charges may apply
- During peak season dates, our company reserves the right to prioritise reservations taking into account factors such as payment and confirmation dates
- Our company reserves the right to limit the number of Explorer and Voyager cabins (twin/double) for single use dependent on availability
- Explorer and Voyager cabins (twin/double) for single use incur a 15% surcharge. Only 7 cabins are available for single use
- Regardless the number of cabins occupied, the ship’s authorized maximum operating capacity cannot exceed 90 guests
- There’s no laundry service on-board but there are two domestic dryers for your use
Baggage important notes:
- Airlines are strict with baggage limitations. The current limits are 23 kg (50.6 pounds) for checked items, 8 kg (17 pounds) for hand luggage and 1 personal item (handbag, camera bag, laptop, etc.)
- All baggage must be securely packed, properly and clearly labeled. Liquid, fragile, perishable and other articles not suitably packed are transported at guests’ own risk.
- Our company is not responsible for loss or damage to baggage or any other personal item during air travel. Baggage and personal belongings will be taken off the ship upon guest disembarkation. Under no circumstances will baggage be stored on board without the owner of such baggage being on the vessel.
- Our company is not responsible for baggage stored in shoreside facilities.
- Under no circumstances may dangerous items (including but not limited to: explosives, firearms, combustible or illegal substances) be taken aboard the ship. We recommend that you hand-carry travel documents (passport, visa, cruise tickets), medications and valuables. These items are the full responsibility of the guest at all times. Our company shall not be responsible for the loss of, or damage to, such personal items.
- Our company reserves the right to charge for the return of personal items left on board or lost and subsequently found.
Restricted Baggage in the Galapagos
Local authorities manage the quarantine system of the Galapagos National Park in order to reduce the possibility of foreign species invading the archipelago. All cargo and luggage that arrives to Galapagos National Park or that is transferred from one island to another must be inspected. All aircrafts are disinfected with Permethrin before landing. To preserve the human health and the native species of the Galapagos Islands, the following products may not be transferred to Galapagos: fresh vegetables and fruits, animal products and or their derivatives, dairy products. Other live animals, pathological samples, dry coffee beans, genetically modified organisms, forest species or their disseminative parts, grass and its disseminative parts, fresh flowers, medicinal plants and their disseminative parts, banana tree leaves, micro-organisms (fungi, bacteria, etc.) soil and sand, and animal vaccines.