7 days / 6 nights Eastern Islands Galapagos, Friday to Thursday
Galapagos tour 7 days – Eastern Islands itinerary
From Baltra, a quick jump by ship brings us to Mosquera Islet where we check out the sea lions before sailing towards San Cristobal. A stop at the Cerro Colorado Tortoise Breeding Centre will open our eyes to the beauty of the Galapagos giant tortoise and to the important scientific work that continues to be performed on the islands. In the afternoon, we travel to the most eastern tip of the archipelago, Punta Pitt, the only stop on this journey where we can see red-footed boobies. From here, it’s on to the central islands, starting with Santa Fe, with its beautiful tranquil bay, before continuing to the wild cliffs of South Plaza with their lofty cacti, land iguanas and stunning marine birds. The following day we visit the world-famous Charles Darwin Research Station on Santa Cruz Island. Española Island, voted the #1 island by guides and expedition leaders, awaits us with its remarkable visitor site of Punta Suarez, home to hundreds of marine iguanas, sea lions, marine birds, and even albatross (between April and December) – a truly stunning site! In the afternoon, we enjoy the water in Gardner Bay. The following morning we will wake up at Eden Islet and finish the day at North Seymour, famous for its land iguanas and sea lions as well as bird colonies of blue-footed boobies, frigatebirds, and Nazca boobies. We finish at Baltra after a moving and memorable experience.
Eastern Galapagos Islands
- San Cristobal
- Santa Fe
- South Plaza
- Santa Cruz
- North Seymour
Galapagos tour 7 days – Highlight Sites
- Charles Darwin Research Station
- Kicker Rock (sail-by)
- Punta Suarez
- Punta Pitt
- North Seymour
- Galapagos Albatross (From April to December) (BIG15)
- Blue Footed Boobies (BIG15)
- Nazca Boobies (BIG15)
- Red Footed Boobies (BIG15)
- Great & Magnificent Frigatebirds (BIG15)
- Galapagos Hawks (BIG15)
- Land Iguanas (BIG15)
- Marine Iguanas (BIG15)
- Santa Fe Land Iguana (BIG15)
- Galapagos Sea Lion (BIG15)
- Galapagos Giant Tortoises (BIG15)
- Galapagos Fur Seal (BIG15)
- American Flamingo (BIG15)
- Galapagos Doves
- Galapagos Mockingbirds
- San Cristobal Mockingbirds
- Española Mockingbirds
- Darwin Finches
- Brown Pelicans
- Swallow-Tailed Gulls
- Lava Gulls
- Lava (striated) Herons
Eastern Galapagos tour 7 days map
Eastern Galapagos tour 7 days with Big15
Prices 2018 per person
|Horizon Deck Explorer Family (Triple) (2)||$ 5,334|
|Horizon Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (23)||$ 5,676|
|Horizon Deck Voyager (Single) (2) *||$ 6,546|
|Expedition Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (17)||$ 5,904|
|Panorama Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (3)||$ 6,078|
|Panorama Deck Darwin Suite (Twin/Double) (3)||$ 6,888|
* Only 5 cabins are available for single use
1) During Peak Season dates, Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to prioritise reservations taking into account factors such as payment and confirmation dates.
2) Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to limit the number of twin/double cabins for single use dependent on availability.
3) Twin / Double Cabins for single use have a surcharge of 15%.
4) Triple cabins (2) for twin/double use incur a 50% surcharge per person.
5) Regardless the number of cabins occupied, the ship’s authorized maximum operating capacity cannot exceed 90 guests.
* () number of cabins per category
Validity: January 01 thru December 31, 2018 (except Peak Season)
All rates are subject to change. In case of increase in fuel, prices fuel surcharge will apply.
- 1 small backpack
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sneakers with rubber soles
- Long pants
- Long and short sleeved shirts
- Wind breaker
- Bathing suit or a wetsuit for snorkelling in cold months
- Hat or cap
- Sunblock and repellent
- Camera & video recorder
- Any medicine you may be taking
Our itineraries include:
- Transportation to/from the airport in Galapagos*
- All meals while on board
- Bilingual naturalist guides
- Conferences and lectures
- Island excursions and activities + optional activities on Santa Cruz Island
- Snorkelling equipment
- Sea kayaks
- Glass bottom boat
* Restrictions apply
Do not include:
- Airfare to /from Galapagos
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee ($100 per person) and Migration Control Card ($20 per person). Subject to changes withour previous notice.
- Beverages and tips
- Wetsuit rental
- Internet service**
**Due to the remote location, Internet connections are intermittent and low-bandwidth.
Itineraries for reference only. Our routes and programmes may vary according to National Park policies and regulations, weather conditions, seasonal changes, safety and operational reasons, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
Please remember that the exact route and programme may vary according to weather and ocean conditions and the wildlife we encounter. It’s also subject to change without previous notice due mainly to readjustment of the National Park policies and regulations.
- Dry landing: guests step from the panga (dinghy) onto rocks or a dock.
- Wet landing: as the dinghy edges onto a sandy beach, guests step into around 20 cm (8 inches) of water and wade ashore.