This privacy statement was last changed on February 15, 2022, was last checked on February 15, 2022 and applies to citizens and legal permanent residents of the United states.
In this privacy statement, we explain what we do with the data we obtain about children via https://www.santacruzgalapagoscruise.com. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing we comply with the requirements of US privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- we aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- we first request consent from parents to process the personal data in cases requiring parental consent;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect the personal data of children and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect the right to access children’s personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at the request of a parent or guardian.
If you have any questions, or want to know exactly what data we keep of you or your child, please contact us.
We use the personal data from children for one or more of the following purposes:
2. Verifiable Parental Consent
COPPA requires that we search consent from a parent or guardian if we wish to collect personal data from a child. We use the following method(s):
Parents and guardians can refuse their consent, and can request that we delete any personal information we might have already collected. This might also mean that an account or membership will be terminated.
3. When verifiable parental consent is not required
Verifiable parental consent is not required in the case of:
- online contact information collected from a child that is used only to respond directly on a one-time basis to a specific request from the child and is not used to recontact the child and is not maintained in retrievable form by the operator;
- a request for the name or online contact information of a parent or child that is used for the sole purpose of obtaining parental consent or providing notice and where such information is not maintained in retrievable form by the operator if parental consent is not obtained after a reasonable time;
- online contact information collected from a child that is used only to respond more than once directly to a specific request from the child and is not used to recontact the child beyond the scope of that request
- if, before any additional response after the initial response to the child, the operator uses reasonable efforts to provide a parent notice of the online contact information collected from the child, the purposes for which it is to be used, and an opportunity for the parent to request that the operator make no further use of the information and that it not be maintained in retrievable form; or
- without notice to the parent in such circumstances as the Commission may determine are appropriate, taking into consideration the benefits to the child of access to information and services, and risks to the security and privacy of the child;
- the name of the child and online contact information (to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the safety of a child participant on the site)
if the operator uses reasonable efforts to provide a parent notice of the name and online contact information collected from the child, the purposes for which it is to be used, and an opportunity for the parent to request that the operator make no further use of the information and that it not be maintained in retrievable form; or
- used only for the purpose of protecting such safety;
- not used to recontact the child or for any other purpose; and
- not disclosed on the site,
- the collection, use, or dissemination of such information by the operator of such a website or online service necessary
- to protect the security or integrity of its website;
- to take precautions against liability;
- to respond to judicial process; or
- to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety
4. Sharing with other parties
We do not share data with third parties.
5. Disclosure practices
We disclose personal information if we are required by law or by a court order, in response to a law enforcement agency, or if we believe disclosure may facilitate an investigation related to protect the safety of a child.
6. How we respond to Do Not Track signals & Global Privacy Control
Our website does not respond to and does not support the Do Not Track (DNT) header request field.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
9. Contact details
Please contact us at the address below if you have any questions about this Children’s Privacy Statement or about our collection and use practices:
Empresa Turistica Internacional CA
Av. De las Palmeras N45-74 y Av. De las Orquideas
Toll free phone number: (+1) 855 500 0496
Phone number: (+1) 855 500 0496