2017 – 5 nights Western Islands Galapagos, Wednesday to Monday
Western Islands Galapagos Itinerary
From the Baltra airport, guests are taken to North Seymour Island, an excellent introduction to the islands and the life they hold. We begin the next day at Isabela Island, known for its seahorse shape, where we visit two excellent sites at Punta Vicente Roca and then travel to the untouched and untamed Punta Espinosa at Fernandina. The next day we continue exploring Isabela at the picturesque pirate bay at Tagus Cove and the uplifted Urbina Bay. After this, we visit Santa Cruz and its world-renowned Charles Darwin Research Station to enjoy an activity-filled afternoon. Our last day, we visit Post Office Bay and Punta Cormorant on Floreana and learn about the rich history and fauna of the island. Truly a spectacular adventure around these incredible Western islands Galapagos! 12 of the BIG15.
Each and every one of us on board the Santa Cruz II will do our best to provide you with a truly beautiful and memorable Galapagos experience.
Western Islands Galapagos
- North Seymour
- Santa Cruz
Highlight Sites of the Western Galapagos Islands
- Post Office Bay
- Darwin Lake
- Urbina’s Upheaval
- Charles Darwin Research Station.
- Blue Footed Boobies
- Nazca Boobies
- Flightless cormorant
- American flamingos
- Great & Magnificent Frigatebirds
- Land Iguanas
- Marine Iguanas
- Galapagos Penguins
- Galapagos Sea Lion
- Galapagos Fur Seal
- Galapagos Giant Tortoises
- Galapagos Hawk
- Galapagos Doves
- Darwin Finches
- Brown Pelicans
- Swallow-tailed Gulls
- Lava Gulls
- Lava (striated) Herons
- Galapagos Mockingbirds
Western Islands Galapagos itinerary
Western Islands Galapagos itinerary map with Big15
Prices 2017 per person
|Horizon Deck Explorer Family (Triple) (2)||$ 4,235|
|Horizon Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (23)||$ 4,505|
|Horizon Deck Voyager (Single) (2) *||$ 5,195|
|Expedition Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (17)||$ 4,685|
|Panorama Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (3)||$ 4,825|
|Panorama Deck Darwin Suite (Twin/Double) (3)||$ 5,465|
* Only 5 cabins are available for single use
1) During Peak Season dates, Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to prioritise reservations taking into account factors such as payment and confirmation dates.
2) Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to limit the number of twin/double cabins for single use dependent on availability.
3) Twin / Double Cabins for single use have a surcharge of 15%.
4) Regardless the number of cabins occupied, the ship’s authorized maximum operating capacity cannot exceed 90 guests.
() number of cabins per category
Validity: January 01 thru December 31, 2017
All rates are subject to change. In case of increase in fuel prices, fuel surcharge will apply.
- 1 Small backpack
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sneakers with rubber soles
- Long pants
- Long and Short sleeved shirts
- Wind breaker
- Bathing suit -wetsuit for snorkelling in cold months
- Hat or cap
- Toilette kit (biodegradable shampoo please)
- Sun block
- Camera & camcorder
- Any medicine you may be taking
- Book/ Notebook
Accommodations, all meals, island sightseeing, naturalist guides and lecture services in English/Spanish (guiding in other languages upon request for groups larger than 10 guests: German, French, Italian), snorkelling gear, luggage handling, medical care on board (but not the cost of medication), taxes and transfers in the islands.
Shared transfers from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, Sheraton, Marriott, Dann Carlton) and in Guayaquil (Hilton Colon, Oro Verde, Wyndham, Sheraton, Unipark) to airport for flights to / from Galapagos are included in these rates. To coordinate these transfers we must have guest’s hotel contact.
- Wet Suits available for rent, NET rate US$ 15 + VAT per guest for 5- or 6-day expeditions
- Air transportation to / from Galapagos and airport taxes (subject to change without previous notice)
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee (US$ 100 subject to change without previous notice)*
- Migration Control Card (US$ 20 subject to change without previous notice)*
- Fuel Surcharge
- Alcoholic ** and non alcoholic beverage, gratuities, laundry or valet services, gifts and additional items.
- Internet / Wi-Fi ***
* At your request, we can include the Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee of US$100 and Migration Control Card Fee of US$20 (subject to change). However, please note that, due to administrative and operational reasons, these fees can only be included when guests travel on the operation departure date. This service does not apply for guests who travel before a departure date (even if the departure is with us).
** Please note, we charge guests who wish to bring bottles of wine and/or spirits aboard our vessels a corkage fee of $27+taxes.
*** Note: internet connections onboard consist in computer stations and wifi in the vessel’s social areas; due to the Galapagos’ remote location, internet connections are intermittent and low-bandwidth.
- Metropolitan Touring guarantees air space space for all Galapagos products.
- Galapagos itineraries are subject to change due to weather, logistical, Galapagos Park regulations or operational reasons.
- All rates are subject to change. If fuel prices increase, additional charges may apply.
Due to changes in the Galapagos National Park policies and regulations, weather conditions, seasonal variations and for safety reasons, the itineraries and program may be modified without prior notice.
- Dry landing: guests step directly onto land from the dinghy.
- Wet landing: as the dinghy edges onto a sandy beach, guests step into knee-deep water and wade ashore
Related Galapagos 2018 itineraries
5 Days – 4 nights Northern Islands, Monday to Friday
Join us as we discover the glorious white beach of Las Bachas, Santiago Island (Buccaneer Cove and Puerto Egas), Rabida, Bartolome Island, and the sunken crater of Genovesa Island, Galapagos’ best natural aviary…
Price from: $ 3,556 pp
7 Days – 6 nights Eastern Islands, Friday to Thursday
This comprehensive journey, starting and ending in Baltra, takes us to the oldest islands in the Archipelago. We visit the sea lions of Mosquera Islet before heading to see the red-footed boobies in San Cristobal, the island where Darwin first set foot in the Galapagos…
Price from: $ 5,334 pp