2017 – 4 nights Galapagos tour – Eastern Islands, Saturday to Wednesday
5 days 4 nights Galapagos Eastern Islands, Saturday to Wednesday
Our journey begins at the capital of the Galapagos Province, San Cristobal. We then head northeast to the famous site of Punta Pitt, where visitors can experience what Charles Darwin saw when he first disembarked in 1835. Following this, we travel west to enjoy the lovely bay of Santa Fe Island, which is an excellent site for aquatic activities. We later continue to the dramatic cliffs of South Plaza to learn about the cacti, land iguanas and outstanding wildlife that inhabit the land. The next day begins at the world-renowned Charles Darwin Research Station on Santa Cruz, the most populated island in the Galapagos. Here, visitors may choose from a variety of activities to fill the afternoon. Many believe we save the best for last at the island of Espanola, touring through the marvelous visitor site of Punta Suarez. We take a walk through the rocky shoreline, where visitors can see hundreds of marine birds, sea lions, marine iguanas and, at particular times of year, albatross. The day ends at Gardner Bay where guests can enjoy some beach-time and the marvelous waters around the island.
No matter where we sail or what we do, each and every one of us at Metropolitan Touring will do our best to provide you with a truly beautiful and memorable Galapagos experience.
Eastern Galapagos Islands
- San Cristobal
- Santa Fe
- South Plaza
- Santa Cruz
4 nights Galapagos tour – Highlight Sites
- Charles Darwin Research Station
- Kicker Rock
- Española Blowhole
- Galapagos Albatrosses (From April to December)
- Blue Footed Boobies
- Nazca Boobies
- Red Footed Boobies
- Great & Magnificent Frigatebirds
- Galapagos Hawks
- Marine Iguanas
- Land Iguanas
- Santa Fe Land Iguana
- Galapagos Sea Lion
- Galapagos Giant Tortoises
- Galapagos Doves
- Galapagos Mockingbirds
- San Cristobal Mockingbirds
- Española (Espanola) Mockingbirds
- Darwin Finches
- Brown Pelicans
- Swallow – Tailed Gulls
- Lava Gulls
- Lava (striated) Herons
4 nights Galapagos tour – Eastern Islands Itinerary
Eastern itinerary map with BIG15
Prices 2017 per person
|Horizon Deck Explorer Family (Triple) (2)||$ 3,388|
|Horizon Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (23)||$ 3,604|
|Horizon Deck Voyager (Single) (2) *||$ 4,156|
|Expedition Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (17)||$ 3,748|
|Panorama Deck Explorer (Twin/Double) (3)||$ 3,860|
|Panorama Deck Darwin Suite (Twin/Double) (3)||$ 4,372|
* Only 5 cabins are available for single use
1) During Peak Season dates, Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to prioritise reservations taking into account factors such as payment and confirmation dates.
2) Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to limit the number of twin/double cabins for single use dependent on availability.
3) Twin / Double Cabins for single use have a surcharge of 15%.
4) Regardless the number of cabins occupied, the ship’s authorized maximum operating capacity cannot exceed 90 guests.
() number of cabins per category
Validity: January 01 thru December 31, 2017
All rates are subject to change. In case of increase in fuel prices, fuel surcharge will apply.
- 1 Small backpack
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sneakers with rubber soles
- Long pants
- Long and Short sleeved shirts
- Wind breaker
- Bathing suit -wetsuit for snorkelling in cold months
- Hat or cap
- Toilette kit (biodegradable shampoo please)
- Sun block
- Camera & camcorder
- Any medicine you may be taking
- Book/ Notebook
Accommodations, all meals, island sightseeing, naturalist guides and lecture services in English/Spanish (guiding in other languages upon request for groups larger than 10 guests: German, French, Italian), snorkelling gear, luggage handling, medical care on board (but not the cost of medication), taxes and transfers in the islands.
Shared transfers from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, Sheraton, Marriott, Dann Carlton) and in Guayaquil (Hilton Colon, Oro Verde, Wyndham, Sheraton, Unipark) to airport for flights to / from Galapagos are included in these rates. To coordinate these transfers we must have guest’s hotel contact.
- Wet Suits available for rent, NET rate US$ 15 + VAT per guest for 5- or 6-day expeditions.
- Air transportation to / from Galapagos and airport taxes (subject to change without previous notice).
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee (US$ 100 subject to change without previous notice)*.
- Migration Control Card (US$ 20 subject to change without previous notice)*.
- Fuel Surcharge.
- Alcoholic ** and non alcoholic beverage, gratuities, laundry or valet services, gifts and additional items.
- Internet / Wi-Fi ***.
* At your request, we can include the Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee of US$100 and Migration Control Card Fee of US$20 (subject to change). However, please note that, due to administrative and operational reasons, these fees can only be included when guests travel on the operation departure date. This service does not apply for guests who travel before a departure date (even if the departure is with us).
** Please note, we charge guests who wish to bring bottles of wine and/or spirits aboard our vessels a corkage fee of $27+taxes.
*** Note: internet connections onboard consist in computer stations and wifi in the vessel’s social areas; due to the Galapagos’ remote location, internet connections are intermittent and low-bandwidth.
- Metropolitan Touring guarantees air space space for all Galapagos products.
- Galapagos itineraries are subject to change due to weather, logistical, Galapagos Park regulations or operational reasons.
- All rates are subject to change. If fuel prices increase, additional charges may apply.
- Dry landing: guests step directly onto land from the dinghy.
- Wet landing: as the dinghy edges onto a sandy beach, guests step into knee-deep water and wade ashore.
Related 2018 Galapagos itineraries
5 Days – 4 nights Northern Islands, Monday to Friday
Galapagos’ best natural aviary. End the trip on a high note watching Galapagos giant tortoises stroll through their natural habitat in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island before heading to the airport at Baltra…
Price from: $ 3,556 pp
5 Days – 4 nights Western Islands, Thursday to Monday
Our journey begins at Dragon Hill on Santa Cruz Island, home to Galapagos land iguanas. The next day is spent at Isabela Island (Punta Vicente Roca) and Fernandina Island, the pristine jewel of the national park. From there, we are on to the world-famous Charles Darwin Research Station and its captive tortoise breeding program…
Price from: $ 3,556 pp